Thursday, December 7, 2006

Thursday 7th 2006.....

6:45 am : Time to get out of Bed, My God Cant believe it is already morning and i am supposed to be getting up to rush to work. Like a Robot i ascended and took my usual 5 minute shower.Don't be deceived by by slow naration because i am literally running

7:10 am : Finds me already walking out and my Dad comes out to warm me about Rampaging campas students planning a riot. i am given instructions to steer clear of the violence. I am smiling now because in my university days, i remember my brother(Dunu) would call me teargas when ever he would catch sight of me.

7:15am : I am now at the Taxi stage and i ascend the taxi. no real Dramas to report. My mind wanders over how much rain has poured down this week. i remember the movie i had watched the Previous night. "Spartacus" Typical Movie i like watching- horses,slaves, Roman empire, It was all there. What was bothering my mind is that the Film Star Died. yet when i was growing up there was this saying and it is still there that "star taffa" "a Star does not die" I know my litttle pea sister is not deriving some similarities to "Coy boy never die.. If he dies... he never rots.. if he rots.....

7:30am: The Taxi has weeved its way through Sebagala's Small Pothole Infested City. How i don't like the pot holes yet it is the same City i enjoy most. Makes me want to say "Cry the Beloved Country" as i remembered the high school book.

7:45 I ascend the streets lost in thought up to Kampala Road. and i keep on wondering how many times i have endured the routine of the morning. I intentionally enter office at 8:05 having remained outside to catch some air.

8:10am Routine work Begins. Check mail. Check any clients calls, check the goods which are stuck up. Liase with the Technical guys make sure they are happy.

10.40am and before u know it i am reminded(by my extra sensitive stomach walls) i had missed a compulsory school function(okay at that time It was) and it is called Break Fast. The meal 4 bananas, a sausage and a egg topped up with tea.

11.00am i punctuate my morning with phone calls to my loved ones. sorry about the company but i probably refer to work with out play makes machine a dull instrument. all is done i bump in to a friend like this. all is well and nice. Fortunately or unfortunately he buys a cigarette and then we have to part ways sooner than later.

12.20am I am typing things for this entry... to be continued as we end the year of our lord

3 comments:

Pea said...

LOL... star taffa... cowboy never die... LOLL!!!!! I am on the floor... I am going to use that in my next blog entry. Nze those Spartakus things would so make me fall asleep. LOVE YOU!

Pea said...

gwe... are we going to see anything new from you before the new year? i changed my link to work on something and now i can't go back... www.refreshthesong.blogspot.com

Quillonpaper said...

'Sebagala's ...pothole infested city'. Great line but personally i fink he is a good (and very resourceful too) man in a hard place and whose plans keep getting frustrated too.